ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Quick closing thoughts from Mizzou Arena

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Anybody that cared about this game watched it. Not gonna go too deep. Missouri won easily which it should have.

Asked about the non-conference schedule Dennis Gates said "I wish we played better." He thought the schedule gave Mizzou a chance to be a top 25 team entering league play, but they didn't get that done. Asked specifically what needed to improve he said the good shooters have to start making shots. He singled out Noah Carter, but you can include Nick Honor in that too. As I type this, an hour after the end of the game, those two and Anthony Robinson are on the floor taking shots.

He said he thinks they put together a team capable of getting where he wants to go, regardless of injuries. Is it realistic? I don't know. I don't want to have that conversation every game. Mizzou has to be a lot better in January and February than it was in November and December. We'll be here to cover it.

I think most of you are still on a Cotton Bowl high and nobody's too invested in a blowout of Central Arkansas so I'm picking up Shakespeare's and relaxing for the rest of the night. We're back at it this week with tons of coverage of football, hoops and recruiting.

Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 4.05.19 PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News