ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL QUICK CLOSING THOUGHTS

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Not going to go through it all. If you want my thoughts, watch or listen to the show on the front page

I'll just sum it up by saying this: Tonight was different. I'm not talking about the reactionary crowd that gets mad after every loss. Tonight, some of those who don't do that started to slide toward the other side of the fence. This was horrendous start to almost finish (don't let the final score fool you, this was closer to a 20 point game than a 7 point game). It was different for Dennis Gates too. You could tell in the postgame presser. He gave us some substantial answers. I think @drewking0222 and I asked some relevant questions.

They need a win. Then maybe they could get a couple more. That needs to happen Saturday. I don't think they'll go 0-18 but if they lose Saturday I'll entertain the possibility. There's not a big difference between 1 or 2 wins and 4 or 5, but there's a big difference between none and some.

It's really about next year. I'd bring back Tamar Bates and the three freshmen and I'd cut everyone else loose. Bring in the five freshmen, add them to those four, find four portal guys, at least two (and maybe three) of whom are starters. You don't have to win 25 next year, but you can't win 8 again.

I'm on the road the next couple of days. The crew will have stories for you all and we'll be there in Nashville to see if Mizzou can claim 13th place in the SEC.

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 9.43.16 PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News