ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Quick note from practice

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
@JHamilton23 will have some observations shortly and we're getting about a half dozen guys for interviews this afternoon. I went over to check out some passing game drills. When I got there the first team offense (quarterbacked by Brady Cook) was already done with this particular drill. Here were the 2nd and 3rd teams that I saw:

2nd: Sam Horn, Tavorus Jones/Jamal Roberts, Peanut Houston, Micah Manning, Dannis Jackson, Max Whisner, MaKyi Lee, Tristan Wilson, Cam'Ron Johnson, EJ Ndoma-Ogar, Valen Erickson

3rd: Jake Garcia, Michael Cox, Josh Manning, Daniel Blood, Marquis Johnson, Brett Norfleet, Mitchell Walters, Curtis Peagler, Bence Polgar, Logan Reichert (LG), Brandon Solis (LT)

So that tells me by process of elimination the following players were getting first team reps: Brady Cook, Cody Schrader/Nate Peat, Luther Burden, Theo Wease, Mekhi Miller, Mookie Cooper (Ja'Marion Wayne?), Tyler Stephens (Ryan Hoerstkamp?), Javon Foster, Xavier Delgado, Connor Tollison, Armand Membou, Marcellus Johnson

Again, they're not even in full pads until Monday so there's not too much to read into this, but this is my read on the offensive pecking order as we get into the heart of camp next week. None of it should really surprise you. This is pretty much what we've forecasted all offseason until the real competition begins. There aren't a whole lot of question marks/position battles on this team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News