ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY QUICK THOUGHTS ON MIZZOU AT MINNESOTA AT THE HALF

drewking0222

All-American
Staff
Jun 20, 2022
-Yeah, I don't know what's going on defensively. Part of it's just that Minnesota is hot (I did not have them shooting above 50% from 3 on my bingo card), but there's been a ton of miscues from the Tigers. That trapping press they came out of the game with blew up in their face. They have not forced nearly enough turnovers. It got better when they went big with Shaw and Vanover but Shaw picked up a quick two fouls. Guys were sagging wayyy too far off shooters to help protect the paint when they didn't have the big bodies out there. Gates said communication was going to be a big part of this game, I doubt he's happy with how it's gone tonight. It looked better late in the half.

-I definitely get it if you're upset with the officiating. Totally get it.

-Offensively, it really could've been worse. I put in the game thread that at one point, Minnesota was 8-14 from the floor and Mizzou was 8-13. The only difference was that Minnesota was making 3s and Mizzou was making 2s. There was that long scoring drought late in the half, but Noah Carter and Sean East dug them out of it.

-Caleb Grill is a tough dude. Had a sequence where he got switched onto Dawson Garcia (who has eight inches on him), denied him a look in the post, got the ball on the other end and scored on a turnaround in the paint. He plays so much bigger than his size (I maintain that the shot will start dropping). The Gophers barely have any points in the paint.

-Ant Robinson keeps looking like he belongs out there.

-Considering the fact that everything's gone Minnesota's way so far, the score isn't all that bad. A six-point deficit is survivable. But there are some clear things that need tightening up heading into the second.
Screenshot 2023-11-16 205421.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News