ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING RECRUITING NOTES 12/10 (UPDATE 9:03 PM)

brianaustin

Hall of Famer
Jun 18, 2001
Columbia, MO
-- Tyreic Martin had Ryan Walters down to see him earlier this week. Coach Walters stopped by Martin's high school to check in with him.

-- Ca'Ron Baham told me this morning he hasn't heard from Mizzou since Barry Odom was hired. He expected not to hear from them late last week because he had already talked with the coaches that week. Georgia Tech recently offered Baham. I'm double checking with him, but if they offered at QB that would be a big draw for him.

UPDATE 12:48 PM

-- Dallas Craddieth earned an offer from Mizzou shortly after camping with the Tigers last summer. Not long after Trevor Trout did. Coach Ford stopped by his school on Tuesday to see the 2018 athlete. Craddieth has been talked on hear for a while and is definitely a prospect to watch. He is high on Missouri (expected sense it is his first and only offer), but he will likely take some time before making a decision.

UPDATE 5:49 PM

-- Barry Odom wasn't able to make it down to see Trystan Castillo today because of an NCAA rule (which one I'm not sure), but Andy Hill did make it down yesterday to visit with the longtime Mizzou commit. Castillo said coach Hill reiterated what Odom said the other day on the phone.

Mizzou wants Castillo bad, but understand that he wants to see who the offensive line coach is first. They would like him to only visit Mizzou between now and signing day, but aren't going to give him an ultimatum of any kind. Right now Castillo plans to still take some other trips. He will visit Mizzou the weekend before signing day. Like Gabe said the other day it feels like momentum is moving back towards Mizzou in Castillo's recruitment.

UPDATE 6:10 PM

-- Tyreic Martin tells me he will visit on January 22. He says he is 75-80% committed right now.

UPDATE 6:18 PM

-- Mizzou makes top six for talented 2018 Memphis, TN offensive lineman Will Lawrence.

UPDATE 6:42 PM

-- Looks like coach Walters is back down in Dallas.

UPDATE 9:04 PM

-- Traded messages with Albert Okwuegbunam. He got a visit from Cornell Ford tonight. Said the visit helped ease a lot of his concerns with all that had gone on around Mizzou and with the coaching staff. Said now he is just looking forward to seeing who the new offensive coordinator will be. Okwuegbunam and coach Ford are working on setting up the tight ends official visit. It may happen tomorrow if his parents can move some things around. If not it'll be in January.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News