ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL SEC HOOPS SUMMER TELECONFERENCE

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Kim Anderson starting in a few minutes, will post updates here. Ben Howland on now.

Anderson says the summer has been good so far, nearing halfway point of summer school. Happy to have Wes Clark back, elbow has healed very well.

Everybody on campus other than Russell Woods, he should arrive in August. Teki is in Canada still.

Asked about incoming recruiting class: "I really like our recruiting class. I guess very few coaches ever come on and say they didn't like their recruiting class, but these guys have really brought an energy level to our program and exuberance."

Says KJ Walton "is probably better than I thought he was"

"We're not gonna be real big so we'll probably play a little bit more spread..."

Says he thinks the team will be better having more guys who can get to the basket. Says they're pretty similar defensively, but will have to adjust to playing a little bit smaller than last season.

Anderson supports the rule change where kids can go to the combine and still withdraw from the draft.

On Teki, Kim says "there is some concern because it has lingered. He hurt it in December and it's been hard for him to be consistently healthy since. He's had times when he felt well and then he's had times when he hasn't. The thing with the Canadian team, I just don't think he wanted to subject himself to that month of travel and playing a lot of games and a lot of practices in a short period of time. Probably long term that was the best decision for him to continue to try to rest and rehabilitate. Hopefully long term he will get healthy."

Says Phillips "brings the ability to play North and South which I think is important to our team because I do think we've added some shooters that maybe we didn't have a year ago."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News