ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL RECRUITING So here's where we're at

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Can't wait for Friday and a Chamber at this point. Rather than respond to a bunch of threads, here are my thoughts:

We know Kevin Knox, Blake Harris and Michael Porter Jr. will be in town this weekend (have to imagine Jontay Porter might be hanging around too). CJ Roberts was considering trying to get to town, but on this short of notice, tickets aren't cheap and the family isn't sure they can make it happen.

Have heard Michigan State is in pretty good shape for Harris, but with the momentum Mizzou will have going, it might make a difference. Particularly because the arrow is most definitely pointing up (cue gifs indicating other things pointing up for posters here) with Knox. I'm not telling you Missouri is getting him. I'm telling you a lot of people think Missouri is getting him and that the chances are definitely higher than I thought they were initially.

The news today is obviously Jeremiah Tilmon asking out of his LOI with Illinois. This is big news. It doesn't mean it's impossible he ends up at Illinois, but it greatly reduces the likelihood. I have people telling me Tilmon will visit Mizzou. And I believe he will. In fact, I'm fairly certain that's the reason he asked out. But Illinois has to release him from the LOI before he can. If I'm the Illini, I drag my feet on it. At least wait until after this weekend so that if Tilmon visits, he can't do it this weekend with Knox and Porter and Harris. Maybe it won't matter in the end, but if I'm Underwood, that's what I do.

The ideal class for Mizzou would be: Porter, Roberts, Tilmon, Knox and Harris. There is room for all of those guys right now. I believe there will be at least one more transfer and could be a couple. The University cannot tell me where Hughes and Walton were academically, but to be safe, I think Mizzou can maybe lose one more guy who is under a 2.6.

Anyway, I anticipate there will be at least one more spot open in this class. And the question then is, does Tilmon have any impact on Mark Smith? I have no idea. If we can find anything out, we'll pass it on.

Missouri checked in at No. 16 in the updated team rankings today. I think that ranking is going to improve soon.

We'll have Eric Bossi on the podcast tomorrow to work through a lot of this. Stay tuned...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News