ADVERTISEMENT

Some notes on Game Day Experience

mitchbennett

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2020
Eldon, MO
I went to the Purdue basketball game today. A few notes things that enhanced the experience:

1. They have a promotion with Slim Chicken that if anyone goes to the line and misses both free throws then the entire arena gets a free chicken sandwich. It’s called free throw frenzy. It’s great, and the students love it. Keeps free throws interesting.

2. The recruits were on the court while the team was warming up. They were taking selfies and pics with a certain former Mizzou DC.

3. Their trophy cases had very large imagery of the players and events. Made to cool displays that were good photo ops around the arena. They do have way more trophies than us, but that’s irrelevant.

4. They have a large center screen, they also have screens in the corners for stats. After great plays or bad calls they played gifs as a reaction to what happened on the court. I know we don’t have screens that could do this, but it was pretty hilarious.

These are just a few things that would make good additions to our atmosphere. I’m not bashing ours. We do a great job. Our light show and multimedia experience are better than theirs. Premium seating is no comparison in favor of Mizzou.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News