ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Sunday update

Sean_Williams

Retired Number
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
A few things to pass along before things get busy later today:

- Was able to confirm that Ray Curry arrived at Missouri yesterday for his official visit. He took an official visit to Arkansas before making the trip to Columbia.

- Here is my breakdown of who signs with Mizzou on Wednesday:

DEFINITELY:
Brady Cook
Jay Maclin
Drake Heismeyer
Mitchell Walters
Dominique Johnson
Will Norris
Harrison Mevis
Jaylon Carlies
Tyler Jones

ON THE FENCE:
- I checked on the Young situation yesterday, it's still to be determined and will depend on how the rest of the weekend at Missouri goes. I do know that Purdue, a school he visited on Thursday, doesn't appear to be a factor. If all goes well, he'll sign with Missouri on Wednesday. If not, he'll extend his recruiting process until February.

- Wooten is on an official visit to Virginia Tech at the moment, which will ultimately determine how this plays out. Brick Haley visiting Wooten last week was important moving forward. He'll sign with either Virginia Tech or Missouri on Wednesday.

- Hester is currently at Missouri, so they have a chance to convince him to stay committed and sign on Wednesday. UCLA is obviously in the mix, he took an official there last weekend. Nebraska is also expressing interest and wanting him to visit, which wouldn't be able to happen until January if he chose to, which also means he wouldn't sign next week. We'll see how good Drinkwitz can close this weekend.

- Arkansas or Missouri here. Like Hester, if Drinkwitz and company can get him to stay committed and sign on Wednesday - that would be big. With Davis and Odom now at Arkansas, I think it will be tough though.

DOUBTFUL:
- The longtime defensive end commit opted to take an official visit to Minnesota this weekend. So, the writing appears to be on the wall.

INTERESTING NOTE:
- Scrolling through Twitter last night an noticed that Missouri CB target Ennis Rakestraw (who David Gibbs just had an in-home visit with) had quite a night in the 6A Semifinals in Texas, shutting down 5-star, Ohio State bound wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba in Duncanville's win.

Rakestraw is planning to take an official visit to Missouri in January, but he will also have some more options it looks like.

Stay tuned for updates throughout the day as the official visits wind down, we should have plenty of updates and feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News