ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY ****THE CHAMBER: FEBRUARY 17, 2017****

the chamber

Letterman
Staff
May 28, 2015
So the Chamber is pretty straightforward this week: We're going to look at the top ten in the state and predict where they're going to go. This is gong to be an evolving thing throughout the year. On the first of every month, we're going to revisit the predictions, update and change them as we see fit. And they will change. We'll track the changes throughout the year.

Let's say this: There's no real advantage to us doing this. Either you're going to be mad when we don't predict a kid to pick Mizzou or you're going to be mad if we do predict him to pick Mizzou and he doesn't. So really, we're just providing a platform for you to be mad at us. But it might be fun.

Let's get to it:

PAUL MAHARRY'S PREDICTIONS

Trevor Trout-Mizzou
Kamryn Babb-Ohio State
Michael Thompson- Michigan
Dallas Craddieth-Mizzou
Ayodele Adeoye-Notre Dame
Daniel Carson-Mizzou
Cameron Brown-Mizzou
Daniel Parker Jr.-Mizzou
Mario Goodrich-Nebraska
Ronnie Perkins-Mizzou

SEAN WILLIAMS' PREDICTIONS

Trout - Mizzou
Babb - Ohio State
Thompson - Alabama
Craddieth - Mizzou
Adeoye - Mizzou
Carson - Oklahoma
Brown - Mizzou
Parker - Nebraska
Goodrich - Mizzou
Perkins - Mizzou

BRIAN AUSTIN'S PREDICTIONS

Trout-Mizzou
Babb-Ohio State
Thompson-Alabama
Craddieth-Mizzou
Adeoye-LSU
Carson-Mizzou
Brown-Mizzou
Parker-Mizzou
Goodrich-Nebraska
Perkins-Mizzou

GABE DeARMOND'S PREDICTIONS

Trout-Mizzou
Babb-Ohio State
Thompson-Mizzou
Craddieth-Mizzou
Adeoye-Notre Dame
Carson-Oklahoma
Brown-Mizzou
Parker-Mizzou
Goodrich-Nebraska
Perkins-Mizzou

I just asked the staff to make their predictions. But I'll give you a little reasoning on mine. Then I'll list some other top contenders and a darkhorse. The darkhorse is just that, a shot in the dark, a wild card guess. The contenders are mostly guesses too. It's very early in the process. None of these kids have named a short list of schools. We're taking a shot.

Trout: He has been pretty up front about being a Mizzou fan since the start. He has family that is always posting/re-posting Mizzou stuff on Twitter. Missouri's going to have to win, but he seems like a guy that likes the idea of staying close and making a statement.

Contenders: Miami, Georgia, Nebraska
Darkhorse: Penn State

Babb
: We feel like Missouri is in better shape with Babb than the general consensus. But it's going to be difficult. Maybe the most difficult on this list. He's has the most options and is going to go through the entire process.

Contenders: Mizzou, Michigan State, Wisconsin
Darkhorse: USC

Thompson
: I initially had Thompson for Michigan here. But I think last week might have done more to help the Tigers with Thompson than anyone else. Trout and Perkins will be in his ear. I also think he has a chance to end up as the most highly-rated player in the class.

Contenders: Michigan, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State
Darkhorse: Miami

Craddieth
: He seems among the most logical for an early commitment. He has a lot of options, but hasn't quite gone national like some of the others on the list.

Contenders: Illinois, Iowa, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt
Darkhorse: Northwestern

Adeoye
: Toughest one to read. He seems to be a pretty reserved kid. He's also the one that we found out about the latest. He's gone from pretty new on the radar to 14 offers in a heartbeat. When a kid blows up that quickly, it's almost impossible to predict.

Contenders: Mizzou, LSU, Ole Miss
Darkhorse: Illinois

Carson
: He's also gone from zero to 60 very quickly. Oklahoma offered him very early, which is why I went that direction. But it's anybody's guess.

Contenders: Mizzou, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State
Darkhorse: Minnesota

Brown
: He's a little overshadowed by Babb on his own team, but has 15 offers and has really picked up steam. Missouri offered very early (IIRC before he played a varsity game) and we think that will carry some weight.

Contenders: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota
Darkhorse: Duke

Parker
: He was committed to Mizzou once. His parents seem to be pretty big Mizzou fans if social media is an indication. We think he'll stick with the original decision.

Contenders: Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska
Darkhorse: TBD

Goodrich
: He mentioned Kansas and Nebraska as his favorites a couple weeks back, but said that last weekend really helped Missouri. Tough to call at this point and I see him as a kid who will end up with 25+ offers if he lets the process play out.

Contenders: Mizzou, Kansas, Michigan
Darkhorse: NC State

Perkins: He is at Mizzou all the time because his brother plays here. He likely knows the players on the team better than any other prospect in the class. Like Trout, we think he's looking for Mizzou to give him a reason to commit.

Contenders: Georgia, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma
Darkhorse: Michigan State

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News