ADVERTISEMENT

Two positive basketball comments in a negative season --

PhiDelt02

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
It's not possible to say that Namon Wright hasn't improved fairly signficantly over the course of this season. Early in the year, he was scared of his shadow. Then once he got his shot going, and he is a GOOD shooter -- his ball handling remained terribly sub par. I was very hard on his ball handling on this board, but I feel it's improved dramtically over the course of the year. I'm sure a lot of it is gaining confidence. Becuase if you watch his high school tapes, he looked at least competent ball handler. Anyway, no matter how bad we end up getting beat by tonight... or how bad he plays the rest of the way --- the guy looks like a much better basketball player than he did in the first few months of the season. Sure hope he sticks around.

And to the guy who probably won't stick around -- Isabell -- as i've commented a few times, he may not be worthy of the Mizzou uniform due to character reasons.. and i'm fine with that. And if he has serious character problems, then he will never reach his potential. But just watching the first few minutes of action -- wow, he just does some pretty impressive things. I think if you put a good head on his shoulders, and some guys that can finish around the rim -- he's all SEC material. He can flat out blow by people, and find people -- early on, he finds Rosburg -- but like usual, Rosburg gets his shot blocked. Hate that he's not really the right kind of guy to keep around. I think he's as good as gone, which is such a shame to me. It really boggles my mind that others don't see his obvious talent. But it's like Flip Pressey as a freshman... people get too bogged down in the mistakes freshman make. To me, I judge freshman by how they play in their best moments. Making mistakes is what is expected.

Oh -- and speaking of going forward then backwards -- Post was the worst player ever for the first half of the year. Then for about 3-4 games, people were thinking -- "man, be nice if we had him a few more years". But now the guy is back to where he can't catch a 3 foot pass. He constantly gets the ball stripped under the basket. So darn frustrating.

This post was edited on 3/11 9:19 PM by PhiDelt02

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News