FOOTBALL RECRUITING What I can tell you on Jeff Thomas

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Here's the thread that started this

Missouri is definitely interested. The coaches have been to East St. Louis during the evaluation period recently and while that definitely had something to do with the Flyers' current players, they were also checking into the situation with Thomas.

Nothing is done. I don't imagine anything will be done for a few weeks. Getting a waiver to be immediately eligible is pretty important. I'm not saying they wouldn't take him without it, but that's using up a spot on a guy that can't play AND he's eligible to go pro next year so you risk using a scholarship on a guy that never plays for you. Plus, he was dismissed from Miami and the simple fact is keeping kids on the straight and narrow for a full year is much easier when they can actually play.

I'm told Illinois would be another place Thomas could land.

We've got a lot of messages out to people about this and will update you further if we can, but this is what we know for now. Definitely possible, definitely not a done deal.

One other note: You might remember there were some frosty relations between Barry Odom and Darren Sunkett in Odom's first year on the job. Those are obviously gone. Tre'Vour Simms and Terry Beckner are two very large reasons why. Both have done very well here and both speak very highly of the program and will continue to be ambassadors for Mizzou after they leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News