ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL “How important are the next 4 games?”

BradN11

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2014
Just an opinion here (and I know how highly many of you value mine), but I think the next few games has a chance to be the most important stretch in CM’s tenure (thus far). Sitting at 8-4 in year 3 with a loss to No-Name state isn’t “good”, but this team has done enough to keep fans interested at least and a good showing in the next few games (or poor...) could change the trajectory of the season. Next 4 games opening conf play:

Kentucky (away) - 15 Kenpom
Tennessee (home) - 44 Kenpom
Florida (home) - 25 Kenpom
Miss State (away) - 53 Kenpom

Mizzou currently sits at 49 in Kenpom. They certainly don’t have to go 4-0 but a good showing is a must for the resume and maybe it could change the perception of the program a bit. I think if you go 2-2 you’ve still got a fighting chance. Anything less than that and it’s back off the table. More and we are cooking.

My personal thoughts on CM’s offensive abilities and recruiting aside, I will be there cheering hard the next few games in hopes Cuonzo can right this ship and surprise folks. It’s a great opportunity and a much needed one for Cuonzo and company. Let’s have some fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News