ADVERTISEMENT

1 week left before deadline

mizzoucobra

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
Completely spitballing here, but having been bored over lunch, I looked up some possible targets (if not in reality, in my own mind):

Hitter (1st/3rd/Utility; Looking for guy who can start and preferably LH; or a platoon with Reynolds)
-- Mitch Moreland -- needs no explanation
-- Adam Lind -- id.
--
Kelly Johnson -- contract year; bats left, OPS of .838 outside of Atlanta; OPS of .772; hits righties well; cheap
-- Chris Davis -- contract year (boras client); Baltimore in selling mode; bats left;.799 OPS, but only .698 outside of Baltimore
-- Yonder Alonso -- Arb eligible in 2016; Bats left; .735 OPS, .799 OPS outside of Petco; less pop, more OBP
-- Adam LaRoche -- his numbers suck, but he's a solid clubhouse presence and hits lefty

I honestly have no clue if STL is even looking at pitching. It's such a fluid situation, as it stands now:

Starters
Lynn
Lackey
Martinez
Wacha
Cooney

Relievers
Choate
Maness
Rosenthal
Siegrist
Socolovich
Tuivailala
Villanueva

Guys that are/were injury, and their status:

-Garcia -- Could potentially return to rotation next week; how will he be? Will he get injured....again?
-Gonzalez -- I think entering rotation is off the table; excelled in pen last year, will he again? Should be back soon.
-Walden -- Coming off of a significant injury. Has closing experience, bonafide end of game pitcher; should be back soon.

So...we obviously need to shore up the rotation AND the pen, but are the guys returning enough? Can they be counted on? I don't have the necessary information to know those answers. It's not like the bat, where the fans can see the writing on the wall.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News