ADVERTISEMENT

#139?? WTF???

philconnors12345

Retired Number
Nov 20, 2017
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Mizzou is #139 this year. They fell behind kansas for the first time I can recall. Pre-racial protests I think it was around #112 or so. Huge drop since then. I think this is the lowest we've ever been ranked. I think there's probably a lag in these rankings so the turnaround we're hearing about with enrollment and the rising ACT average and things like that maybe aren't factored in yet? It seems like this just about has to turn around over the next few years, maybe by 2024 or so it'll get back to where it was? Of course, when I went to Mizzou 20+ years ago it was ranked in the 80s, and from what I've heard in the decades before that it was as high as the 60s. So it's come a long way down. Let's hope the new leadership takes this seriously and gets this fixed.

Historically, Mizzou has been about the 5th best school in the SEC after Vandy, Florida, Georgia, and A&M. We've fallen to 9th. The schools that have jumped us are South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Auburn. I mean, we could say at least we're not Arkansas or Mississippi State, but that's the danger of the SEC. Those are not our peer schools. Our peer schools are schools like Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, Tennessee, and South Carolina or better yet Indiana or Michigan State. That's who we should strive to stay competitive with academically, not LSU and Alabama.

Here's how USNews ranks the SEC now:

15. Vanderbilt
34. Florida
50. Georgia
70. Texas A&M
104. South Carolina
104. (tie) Tennessee
104. (tie) Auburn
132. Kentucky
139. Mizzou
153. LSU
153. (tie) Alabama