ADVERTISEMENT

2014: A Year in Review for Big Government by Dan Bongino

laserdoc

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2007
With 2014 in the rear view mirror I thought it would be appropriate to review how catastrophic the year was for liberals (especially those on the far left whose ideals and policies are not even close to being in synchronization with the American people) and what this actually will mean going forward into 2015 and beyond.

It will be interesting to see if the GOP can take advantage of the numbers it has in both the House and Senate and do something positive for America. Or will it be just some more of the same old same we have grown accustomed to seeing from both parties no matter who is in charge or who has the supposed upper hand.

As always I remain optimistic about the future of this great nation and the hard working citizens who strive each day to make America better. But I must be honest, my optimism is not what it once was simply because of those whom we elected to represent us have failed miserably in doing so.

Finally, a little background on Dan Bongino. Mr. Bongino is a former New York police officer and secret service agent. He also ran for Congress and was narrowly defeated (by 1% point) this past November in the 6th Congressional District in Maryland (a highly blue and liberal state). Mr. Bongino as you can imagine is a staunch advocate of our men and women in law enforcement and the military. Below is the blog he posted a few days ago...Enjoy...Go Tigers!

2014: A Year In Review for Big Government

-Big government candidates running under the Democratic Party banner suffered humiliating losses in the 2014 elections. The Republican Party will now control 54 of the 100 seats in the US Senate, 247 of the 435 seats in the US House of Representatives, and 68 of the 98 partisan legislative chambers. They will also control both branches of state legislatures in 29 of the 50 states and, incredibly, will control the governorship in 33 of the 50 states, including deep-blue states such as Illinois, Massachusetts and my home state of Maryland.

-Even the Republican losses to big government Democratic candidates, in deep-blue states, were extremely close. Big government Democratic Governor Dannel Molloy of Connecticut barely slipped by Republican Thomas Foley and Vermont's big government Democrat Pete Shumlin barely survived reelection in deep-blue Vermont, defeating Republican Scott Milne by just over 1 point. A number of big government Democrats in the US House of Representatives barely slipped by their opponents, even in "safe" Democratic congressional districts. Despite winning a series of congressional elections by double-digits, NY Congresswoman Louise Slaughter barely defeated Republican Mark Assini by just 1 point and I was beaten by just over 1 point by Maryland Democrat John Delaney in a race Delaney won by 21 points just 2 years ago.

-Big government programs are failing at an alarming rate. Obamacare has reached new lows in approval with just 37% of Americans approving of this legislative disaster. Obamacare costs are projected to rise dramatically in the coming years as doctors drop out of the program and the new penalties and taxes are enacted. Also, the Obama administration's takeover of the student loan industry is on the verge of collapse as forbearance requests, defaults, and requests for loan forgiveness under Obama administration programs reach catastrophic levels.

-Vermont's big government, single-payer-healthcare experiment failed miserably, even in a deep-blue state with a Democratic Governor and Democratic State Houses. The program was projected to be so expensive that the cost would have consumed the entire state budget; a cost even the largely liberal state wasn't willing to pay.

-American workers and businesses have finally managed to escape the yolk of big government as it appears that the economy may finally be recovering but, this is now the worst statistical recovery from a deep recession in modern American history. To reach the Reagan or Clinton era job-production numbers, over ten million jobs would have to be created by the economy in the President's final two years. Even if the best month of job creation under President Obama was replicated every month for his final two years, he would still be nearly 4 million jobs short. Also, it takes about 4 to 5 quarters to get through the average recession and reach recovery while this President took an incredible 16 quarters to reach "recovery". President Obama's big government ideology has managed to produce a labor participation rate (the actual number of people working) which is the lowest in 40 years all while presiding over a government with the largest number of people ever on government assistance.

The good news is that 2016 is approaching and, with the right leadership, this economy is ready to explode. I am confident that the future is bright because the American people cannot be held down for long. Eventually they will rebuild their lives and their futures, even with the struggle of big-government anchored to their backs.
http://blog.bongino.com/post/106815830149/2014-a-year-in-review-for-big-government-big

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.