ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL A couple quotes from Ryan Sharbaugh

drewking0222

All-American
Staff
Jun 20, 2022
I interviewed Coach Sharbaugh earlier today for a story about how they put together the non-conference schedule that'll come out later. But wanted to go ahead and share some of the things he told me.

-On the team's trip to Jamaica: "The foreign tour that we took gave us a lot of really good opportunities that you don't get. I mean, you get it once every four years for a reason. We got 10 full practices, so we really got to ramp up what we were able to do and accomplish in the summer and in those eight weeks. And then we're excited, we've got a veteran team. So we get to see a lot of our team, that's the beauty of the foreign tour. So it was good and then we just got right back to it in the fall."

-I joked that they've been keeping me busy with all the recruiting news this offseason. He said "Hopefully we're not done, you know? Coach Gates, I'll tell you what, I don't know how many head coaches recruit at the level Gates recruits at, honestly. Like you know, boots on the ground-type stuff, in the heat of the conversations. But we've got an awesome group, man. Kyle (Smithpeters has) been phenomenal, obviously CY and Coach Nutt, man, those guys have just been knocking them out of the park. And a lot of those kids, we've been recruiting them since we touched down here. So it's been good, but hopefully we're not done. Hopefully we get a couple of commitments and keep it rolling."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News