ADVERTISEMENT

A few things I've been thinking about

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
1. Is there anyone else walking around with their chest buffed out like they just bench-pressed 500 lbs? Man, I'm so geeked about the potential of this football team going forward. Even with the way we've been playing, there's still so much more room for improvement, it's crazy. I'm not sure we've played a solid B game as a team.

2. Shout out to Coach Moore. That's it. There's nothing else that needs to be said.

3. We bitch and moan about the O-line, but they're doing a helluva job of keeping the pressure off Cook. Yes, they will commit a few penalties during the game, but they've been money in pass-pro.

4. The WR room is sick right now. Our top 5 can compete with any other team in the country. We got some size, some toughness, some speed and all seem to have really good hands. Can't remember us having more than a couple drops through 5 games. It also helps that Cook throws a catchable ball. I guess that's one of the advantages of not having a cannon for an arm.

5. @petiesarmy remember when I compared Cook and Bennett's skillset as being similar, you talked so bad to me. Comparison aint looking that far off now is it? My only concern with Cook is his issue with sliding. I know we don't want him to get hurt, but his toughness with the ball in his hands is part of what makes him special. It looked awkward as hell with him sliding feet first. I hope him sliding like that doesn't cost us a big first down in the future because the spot is where he begins to give himself up and not where he actually hit the ground.

6. I know the safeties have taken a beating from everyone, but they have the hardest job on defense. Their mistakes are magnified because it usually ends up in the other team scoring. The reason they're safeties is because they lack either speed, flexibility to turn their hips and/or change of direction skills. Really unfortunate that Isaac Thompson has been hurt because he has all those traits in spades. He and Burks would be a dynamic combo back there.

7. This is a huge week for our star CBs to raise their draft profile. LSU has 2 monsters at WR and there will be plenty of NFL eyes on those matchups. They just have to be able to handle their physicality and compete for the ball. Not too worried about them being able to cover as much as I'm hoping they'll be able to handle their size.

8. We've lost 2 productive starters to the portal and haven't missed a beat at those positions at all. So going forward, I'm not going to throw a fit when we lose another productive player, Drink have them coming through the pipeline. Speaking of pipeline, I think the ceiling of this program going forward is extremely high. We have a bunch of highly rated guys who haven't seen the field yet. They'll have more natural ability than the guys currently playing, it'll be a matter of how well they the staff are developing them. It's just getting started y'all.

9. Hope y'all didn't think I'd go a whole post without highlighting that gunslinger from the STL. This dude is playing out of his mind right now. He's playing with a confidence and swagger I haven't seen in a Mizzou QB since No. 10. We still have a tough road ahead of us, but I'm sure Brady is going to keep Cooking.

10. I'm looking forward to our WRs going crazy Saturday. LSU and Steeples are arrogant enought to play alot of man with 1 high safety. Brady will hit the 400 yd mark this Saturday. Mookie will have the best day of his college career this weekend.

11. See y'all Saturday. @BornagainTIGSHOW and I are pulling up, so drop those tailgate locations...
MIZ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.