ADVERTISEMENT

A little info regarding st louis basketball recruits(kind of long)

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
First off, I didn't major in journalism so focus on the message and not paragraph structure and so on and so on. First, I had a chance to chat with the St. Louis Eagles 17U team. get. Which consists of Tatum, Cook, Sneed, Barnes and Tilmon, with the first 4 being 2016 kids and Tilmon 2017. SLU's pitch is that all the 2016 kids can come in make an impact with local kids fill up the Chaifetz arena and have a real homegrown product on the floor. Similar to what Spoonhour and Larry Hughes did in the 90's. This pitch is not falling on deaf ears because the Eagles squad will be 1 of the top teams on the AAU circuit this summer and some believe the transition to Div. 1 ball will be a little smoother if all the players are on board with SLU's pitch.

Talked to Jayson for a bit and I asked him about Porter and he said he's a beast. Also said the 2 got together in the winter and played a few games of 1 on 1 at Mizzou. Asked him who won and he said he did 2 games to 1, but all 3 were close. He told me he has a couple of teams he really likes but didn't get specific. Follow up question was is either team in Missouri and he said yes. Gave his thought on CVL, "a good little player" which I don't know how to interpret that. Regarding Cook, he really likes Mizzou which has been mentioned before, but what I didn't know was that he and Cierra Porter are really, really cool if you get my drift. So that's in Mizzou's favor.

The 1 player who's going to really blow up this year is Sneed. Look for him to have a Ben Maclemore kind of rise. When all is said and done he may be the area's best player for his class. No one on the Eagles can match his athleticism and with him focused solely on basketball watch out. Tatum is the best right now, but he doesn't have that elite athleticism that you need to guard high level players in college or NBA. I know he's ranked top 5 but it's no guarantee that he's 1 and done. But Sneed will open up a lot of eyes this year.

A couple 2018 kids who people are talking about are Ramey and Gordon. Ramey came on an unofficial a couple months back and needless to say he wasn't too impressed. Gordon on the other hand has his sights set on bigger programs, Mizzou wasn't even mentioned. Both players run with Ramey 15U squad and they are really good. Sorry for the rambling guys, just a little info I've picked up lately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.