ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Aftermath of Jayvan Boggs decommitment

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
At this point in time, it is my belief Mizzou will likely stick with the two receivers they have in the class and see what develops after the season. That could mean hitting the portal, seeing who decommits from other places, etc. Three receivers in this class is not a necessity. They could sign Donovan Olugbode and Shaun Terry and be just fine. A lot will depend on what kind of attrition there is from Mizzou's own roster. We know Mookie and Theo Wease are done after this year. We know Luther Burden will go pro.

But Mekhi MIller, Daniel Blood, Josh Manning, Marquis Johnson, James Madison and Courtney Crutchfield will all be eligible to return, plus Terry and Olugbode would make eight. That's a lot of potential and youth, but not necessarily a lot of guys with a lot of experience depending on how this season unfolds. So it wouldn't be shocking if Mizzou went into the portal for an older more established receiver.

Corey Simms and Isaiah Mozee do remain out there at least as possibilities in the high school ranks (both are currently committed elsewhere obviously), but if anything does happen along those lines I really wouldn't expect it to be soon. I think they'll wait and see how things play out both with their own roster and others across the country.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.