ADVERTISEMENT

All-time Favorite Tiger Football Players

jpersing

Redshirting
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2013
I rarely post but J-Mac signing got me thinking about my all-time favorite mizzou football players. So I decided to share my list of favorites. Thought it might be something fun on a Saturday morning. Few things about my list. This is not a list of best MU players just my personal favorites to watch over the years. Also my list is completely biased to Pinkel era as I grew up in the dark ages of late 80's early 90's when there was not much to cheer for with our football team and I didn't see what came before. List based mostly on time with Mizzou and not the pros although not completely. Also no current guys as they are currently incomplete. So without further ado here is my top ten.

1. Henry Josey (This is not really close for me. The kid went through so much and did so much for us I just loved watching him play.)
2. Chase Daniel (Only real Heisman candidate we've had in my lifetime and that offense was so much fun to watch take the ball first and score literally almost overtime on the first possession.)
3. Jeremy Maclin (only guy I can see challenging Josey for top spot. If Chiefs get to Superbowl with him being a big part of it he will move up.)
4. Brad Smith (first three are easy gets a little tougher to separate guys from here on out. Brad sits here because he was so much fun to watch run around and and without him maybe non of the good times that followed happen.)
5. Sean Witherspoon (Spoooooooooooon!)
6. Justin Smith (probably only this high because of what came later but in an era when we sent no one to the pros he went to the league and represented.)
7. Markus Golden (guy played so hard and loves Mizzou so much)
8. Justin Gage (Another guy that stood out from the crap around him at the time and played two sports.)
9. Pig Brown (Just all over the field.)
10.Chase Coffman (there are a ton of guys I could put here (E.J., Sam, Moore, Ray, Danario, and Ladamian were all considerations) and it was a tough choice but all those times he hurdled guys was the tie breaker)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News