ADVERTISEMENT

And for my 5,000th post

mizzoubj76

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2003
Happy Homecoming to all of you.

We may be Cardinal fans, Royals fans or (heaven forbid) Cub fans. We may live in STL, KC, Mid-Mo or any corner of the Show-Me State. (Five Missouri cities for me.) We may live far away and look for Mizzou news wherever we can (New York and Texas for me.) We may be still be a youngsters or we may be analyzing Medicare supplement policies. You're probably male but some of you are females like me, brave enough to hang out here despite the occasional sexist and crude moments.

But, we're all Tigers and it's Homecoming. And the Cardinals and Royals are in the baseball playoffs. And the weather will be perfect Midwestern fall. And on a personal note, TruesSon is driving from Austin to CoMo for the weekend.(Wouldn't be a "me" post without a mention of him, right?)

So no matter what happens this weekend on Faurot Field, at Busch or Kauffman, remember: we are Missouri Tigers--loud, proud and full of tradition, even if the tradition includes fifth downs and Norfolk State. We're not kansas, our bad days are better than good days at Texas, we are still an AAU member and nubraska is not, our basketball program didn't pay for hookers and we are SEC!

So here's a health to all of you. With our watchwords--honor, duty--our high fame shall last.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News