ADVERTISEMENT

Back in town from Europe

bgramfan1

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
What's up. I just got back from going to Paris and Florence Italy with my wife. It was a great trip, but I wasn't able to watch any football, including the Vandy game. I guess I should be grateful, because watching that game live would have given me a heart attack. 🤣

Anyway, I just watched the game for the first time yesterday, and it was what I hoped it would be considering the score. In other words, Mizzou totally outplayed Vandy. The game should not have been close. Mizzou totally shut down Vandy after the first quarter but it just kept shooting itself in the foot offensively. Take away the 3 points that Drink gifted Vandy and the 3 missed field goals, and this game isn't really close.

Drink messed up a couple of times on 4th down. On the first missed FG, I think we should have went for it instead and made a statement. Even if we didn't get it, Vandy would have started deep in their own end. By missing the FG, they got the ball on the 20 yard line. Then Drink goes for it in our own territory (I don't know what in the hell he was thinking), and basically gave Vandy 3 points.

Something else. I think Mizzou should quit trying to hit the big plays as much and just run the damn ball. If we run the ball enough, it will bring in the secondary, and we can hit some deep throws on play action. Noel had 199 yards on 24 carries, but it seems like we could have run the ball more.

I am looking forward to Mizzou playing its best game of the year on Saturday. I think we handle A&M fairly easily and win the game 35 to 17.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.