ADVERTISEMENT

Bari Weiss Inauguration Article

ABaumli

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2005
I think she is my new love.

Snippets:

"I voted for Joe Biden. I think that he is past his prime. I also think he is an eminently decent and kind man. That fact that his decency seems positively refreshing is a tragic sign of where we are. But it does. And I welcome it.

I’ve said it many times, but I will say it here again: Trump was a malignant narcissist. Seeing that did not require a psychology degree. He coarsened everything and everyone he touched. He trashed all of our guardrails. He hastened our undoing.

But he was not the sole author of it. He was elected because we had already come undone. I guess that’s why I don’t feel the same kind of elation — even liberation — that so many on my Instagram feed seem to feel, donning aviators in honor of the 46th president or Converse for Kamala."

Pretty much what I have been saying on this board. Obviously she is brilliant because she reiterates my position.

5 Litmus tests for BIden Admin
1. Will the Biden administration make the case that America is good?
2. Will neo-racism be normalized?
3. Will cancel culture become the culture?
4. Can you make a living in the wealthiest country in the world?
5. Is there a way to end our ongoing uncivil war?

My Answers:
1. NO
2. NO
3. Yes
4. NO (u can, but only if you are in the top 5% or so).
5. YES, but you're not going to like it.

4. I get teh $15/hr min wage is better than $7, but the result won't be pulling those up, maybe short term, but the result will really be pulling everyone else down.

Let's look at market conditions. Let's say a young family of 2 is expecting a baby, combined they make $120K/yr. Let's say they have the average SL debt ea., (so $50K total).

That family is looking for a house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath. Want a house to expand family more in a couple years. That house in most major cities costs at a minimum $300K right now. Let's say they have $60K to put down have a 3.8% 30 year mortgage, $2K/yr in prop taxes. Their monthly mortgage is $1400/mo. Their student loan payment is $600/mo. Their take home is probably around $8000/mo. If there are state taxes and healthcare, it could be more. Now they want to continue working, they need daycare. That's going to cost them $12K (MINIMUM, probably $15K with new min wage rule). So that's $1250/mo.

Now they have at best $4750/mo, less than 50% of their gross pay. Can they live off of $4750 in disposable income? Is that enough for a family of 3? Yes. But it's not as much as you think. Now lets say they have to pay $750/mo in health insurance. Now they are down to $4K. Can they afford a car payment or 2? What about car insurance? Any vacations? The $15/hour is just a snippet of this, it is not the cause. I don't see it even as a major contributor ($250/mo). This doesn't even include 401K contributions, emergency expenses (a new AC unit, car repair, if mom has expensive delivery). I don't think people realize how rough this sh1t is getting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News