ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Barstool Arizona Bowl

Hairy_Trueman

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
River Market

Okay so I know many of you hate Barstool for various reasons. I personally enjoy a lot of Barstool content and personalities. Not all.

Barstool is doing EVERYTHING for this bowl. It will stream on Barstool sites exclusively. Barstool people will be doing the play-by-play, sideline, color, everything. They have former play-by-play and sideline announcers on staff so I don't think the announcing will be that bad.

I think this has the potential to be like the XFL with gimmicks that just don't work, make a mockery to the teams that have coaches that may need a win to keep their jobs, and make the product tacky and less watchable.

They've thrown out having Big Cat do the National Anthem, Creed do the halftime show, and the coin toss be a hot dog preference by "Frank the Tank." I have no idea if any of these things will actually happen, but sounds like they have control of the entire damn thing. Gambling will certainly be a centerpiece and they'll do multiple live shows from there. Will the MAC and Mountain West want to participate in such a clown show?

It also I think has potential to make a bowl game fun again and have other lesser bowls re-evaluate how things are done. I have no doubt the ratings will be fantastic. I will certainly be watching the first one and I think a ton of "Stoolies" will go to Tucson to participate. I'm glad someone is trying something new.

What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News