ADVERTISEMENT

Because I had an extra hour this morning

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
I went back and watched the game. A couple of things stuck out to me. The game plan had to be to attack outside the numbers in the passing game. We were calling plays like we were scared to death of their LBs and Safeties. I can't think of no other reason why nothing is tried over the middle, besides Brady's arm strength being at play there.

Luther was definitely hurt on that play in the end zone that he should've caught for a TD. The 2 plays I wish we could have back were the TD pass to Lovett. Carnell was in position to at least bat it down. The other play is the 1st int. Brady Cook, please look to your right and you have Miller open for a 20 yd gain. I get it though, Miller was just eye candy to get another defender out of the box I guess.

I love the way Darius Robinson has been playing. He's a beast and I wish they would've kept him rushing the passer from left defensive end. They tried to get too cute and rush him from both sides of the line. Alot of complaints about the safety play, I personally didn't think they played bad. A couple of missed tackles are going to happen every game. I really like how they're giving Burks and Roche meaningful snaps now because I have high hopes for those to becoming stars in the near future.

As we sit today, I think the portal shopping list should consist of 1 RB, 2 OL, 1 DE, 1 LB, 2 DT, 2 CB, 1 if Rake comes back. If the staff can hit on those pickups, I feel confident enough that the train will continue rolling and these 9-10+ win seasons can become the norm and not the exception going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News