ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL BRIEF TAKEAWAYS FROM THE THIRD DAY OF FALL CAMP

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
Hope you guys didn't get too comfortable with the takeaways from the first couple of days because we didn't see much today.

This will probably be closer to the norm than how the first two days were understandably.

1. New numbers

Tight end Brett Norfleet, defensive tackle Sam Williams, and wide receivers Marquis Johnson, and Joshua Manning all received their numbers.

On the roster sheet, I received on Monday, both Norfleet and fellow freshman tight end Jordon Harris were listed as 86. The number Norfleet wore today was 87. So, that solves that mystery.

Williams is 94.

Johnson is 17.

Manning is 0.

2. Punting

I saw a couple of punts from Luke Bauer. One was meh and the other was solid.

I saw one punt from Riley Williams and it was a pretty good booming kick. He seems to have a strong leg.

But very small sample sizes from both players that I saw.

Keep in mind Williams was fourth in the FCS in punting last season at Towson and was an All-CAA second-team selection.

3. Don't stretch the ball out

Wide receiver Luther Burden got a little bit of an earful from wide receivers coach Jacob Peeler today for trying to stretch the ball over the goal line during a drill.

Obviously, after Nathaniel Peat's fumble versus Auburn the emphasis on this play is ten-fold.

In Burden's defense, he was actually heading out of bounds when he tried to stretch the ball out while Peat was still trying to stay in bounds as long as he could before he extended the ball.

And no, Burden didn't muff or fumble the ball as he did it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News