ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC CBS LEAD STORY ON THE NRA

billbabler

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2013
Branson Missouri
Huge bitching on the NRA president spending $27 grand a year on a clothing and travel allowance. This is the president of a 1/2 billion dollar corporation and Nora O'Donnell leads off in wake of the shooting with a slathering hit at the NRA that their president is spending to much on cloths, dry cleaning and travel.

Question, Nora what is your clothing and cleaning budget plus makeup for a entire year when you never once wear the same outfit twice? This is simply a case of the news making the news and it really pisses me off.

Here is somewhat of an example: Fresh out of college in 1980 I joined the Missouri State Patrol. The patrol had a clothing allowance of $300 per month, this was for dry cleaning and uniforms. That is $3,600.00 per year in friggin 1980, That's 39 years ago. Cost of a uniform at that time was about $500. and we were expected to have at least 1/2 dozen plus a dress, plus jackets, several pairs of shoes and boots plus approved undergarments and head wear. The $300 per month did not cover it.

There is probably not an excec. in the entire country that could get by on 25 grrr per year in a high profile job with personal appearances just about every nite on that budget, but lets hammer the NRA.

My best friend is a vice president for a regional bank and has been with them for now close to 40 years. They don't get a clothing allowance per-say but a general expense account and that is for regional travel, appearance and client relations.. He told me he tries to hold it around 50 grand a year and has never had a problem with that figure. He has about 20 suits and replaces 5 per year. He has 30 ties and the same amount of shirts. He takes clients out at least 5 times a week, 3 lunches and 2 dinners and also travels at least twice a month to either business meetings or seminars.

This is a VP of a regional bank and is spending twice what the NRA president is and getting bad press for it.

The news in this country is simply Dog $hit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News