ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think the Athletic Department wanted to give MPJ air cover?

mrubinelli

Retired Number
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2002
It is widely know that in most cases microdiscectomy is performed as an outpatient procedure or 23 hour stay. Most patients are able to return to work in one to two weeks following a microdiscectomy.

Given that, they probably wanted to control to narrative and remove the distraction that was burdening this team. If they say he is out for the season, everyone can emotionally move on from this possibility including the players. If they say he "could" be back before the end of the season he continues to be a topic of conversation and as a result a distraction. I would be willing to bet HCCM had a say so in what to announce formally. He saw first hand how it effected his team.

I am assuming the over/under on Cuonzo Martin getting a question about MPJ in the post game press conference is 3.5 questions and win or lose the game I would probably take the under. MPJs IG post has made national news (USA Today, Bleacher Report, and Uproxx) on several smaller sites picking up and running a story using Dave Matters twitter post as the fulcrum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News