ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Pol

none*****

Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2001
My wife and I really love this reality show. It's on one of the cable networks on Saturday nights. Pol, a native of The Netherlands is a DVM practicing in rural Michigan. His is a combination large animal/pet veterinary practice like many in Missouri. Obviously, as a typical farmer who spends a few thousand on veterinary and related livestock services annually I can relate to his large animal clientele. Well, at least the real farmers he helps. Not so much to the pet customers, but to each his own. A large number of his rural customers have no business owning any livestock. Many have no handling facilities and exhibit no aptitude on how to handle their livestock when he shows up for a farm visit. Even many of the actual farmers have the kind of livestock a Missouri farmer would consider culls and not allow to stay on his farm. Somehow Dr. Pol perseveres with a good attitude and takes care of all his customers regardless of difficulty.

Last night we are watching the season premier, as he is called away from the supper table to attend to a frantic customer. He meets the customer at his clinic and she cries as she tells him a rat had eaten her pet, leaving large wounds. The pet is inside a carrying cage. She says it is her baby and that she loves it. She reaches into a cage and we are thinking she will pull out a cute puppy or a kitty. But no, it's a very large snake. Some kind of tropical boa constrictor. Turns out she put a live rat into the cage to feed to the snake and instead the rat turned the tables and ate chunks out of the snake. The woman is sobbing uncontrollably, as Dr. Pol stitches up the wounds. What in he!! is wrong with this woman? How does a person get so emotionally connected to a reptile that is totally devoid of personality? People are really screwed up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News