ADVERTISEMENT

Drink/BO Story

ChaseMcDaniels

Redshirting
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2017
Heard a good story over the weekend I figured was worth sharing.

Someone I know is an alum of a talent rich STL area high school (would rather not say where/who), and still has close ties to the school. He was talking with someone in the admissions office who works with the school’s coach and Drinkwitz has been in to visit several times. This has obviously been widely reported, but she said Drink was at the school within a day of being hired, almost no time between. She described him as having an absolutely infectious personality, and through the few visits before COVID he has remembered this woman's name/family/always just generally engages with her.

She then described the Arkansas coaching staff visiting to recruit this year. There was some time the staff spent in the waiting room waiting to get into the coach’s office, and she thought one of the guys looked somewhat familiar but couldn't put her finger on it. But he never said hi or engaged so she wasn't sure. Once they all left, she asked the high school coach who he was and said it was Barry Odom. She worked in the same position the entirety of BOs tenure.

I think all of these generalities are pretty well known at this point but it was cool to hear. Don't know if this story says more about Drink or BO, but a great indication regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.