ADVERTISEMENT

Drink's in a tough position

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
In a perfect world, Drink would've been
able to move on. He took one on the chin, got up and on to the next one. But, with Ryan's dad throwing that signing day ain't until Dec. 20th statement out there, he's forced to continue to recruit him. It would've been so much easier for Drink if the Wingos said they were shutting down his recruitment. Y'all can be pissed all y'all want about this recruitment, but those mfs know how to play the recruiting game.

Drink has to try and flip him just for the optics alone. Mizzou flips 5 star WR Ryan Wingo from Texas on signing day. You guys know how that looks for Mizzou after just winning the SEC championship game? Alot of money available due to all the defensive players graduating that decided to come back. Drink has to go all-in with Ryan.

Regarding McClellan. I'm not saying he's a better WR than Wingo, but I think he's a better fit for this offense. I'm not sure of Texas use of their WRs, maybe Ryan saw that and his decision was based on that. With Bannister, Lovett, and now Luther our offense is extremely slot friendly. It seems like it would be a perfect transition from Luther to McClellan. At least that would be my pitch to Jeremiah and family. Whatever happens, we're still 7-1 and so much more to accomplish this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News