ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Mizzou Players of my Lifetime

c__rags

Redshirting
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2022
Gabe’s countdown got me thinking of my favorite Mizzou players of my lifetime. I’m about to be 26, so it’s about the same timeframe as his list. As I went through it, it became clear how weighted to my younger days my list was, because as I grew to be the same age as the players I was watching, and now older, I just fan girl less about specific players.

I didn’t initially intend to share it here, but I put too much thought into it, so I figured I’d post it.

Most of my favorites are common, some less so. I’d love to hear favorites from others, especially if they’re unique.
  1. Chase Daniel- Not close. The QB during the peak years, I was #10 my whole football career because of him. I have said, if I were in the same room as him and Beyoncé, I would be less starstruck by Beyoncé.
  2. Jeremy Maclin- Also from the best era, most electric Tiger I can remember.
  3. Drew Lock- From my area, was very exciting to see someone I had connections with succeed at my school.
  4. Sean Weatherspoon- Spoooooooon.
  5. Brad Smith- Really one of the first athletes I can remember knowing, and he was electric, but I was really too young to appreciate him like some of the others.
  6. Henry Josey- I remember him making an impact as a freshman in a crowded running back room. I was about 12, and the one meet and greet day I ever went to I remember him being very friendly, and I was glad to see him go on to be a star.
  7. Chase Coffman- Big time player on a big time team. Invented the hurdle in my opinion.
  8. Maty Mauk- I had to listen on the radio to the Florida game when he had his big breakout, but it’s one of the more memorable games of my lifetime. Was the key player to a very exciting year, and I was so bummed when his career didn’t pan out.
  9. L’Damian Washington- Was my favorite out of that talented group of receivers in the early 2010s.
  10. Aldon Smith- Was an absolute force, one of the most dominant Mizzou defensive players of my memory.
  11. Marcus Murphy- Looking back at his stats he wasn’t as impactful on offense as I remember, more of a special teams threat, but I still compare all Mizzou gadget players to him.
Honerable Mentions:
Kentrell Brothers- I can still his name over the stadium speakers.
Brad Ekwerekwu- we listened to a lot of games on the radio, and how could you not love that name?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.