ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY FINAL 2017 RECRUITING INSIDER

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
24 hours from now, we'll be starting National Signing Day. I expect it to be a fairly uneventful day for Missouri. The flips that are going to happen have happened. We're waiting on a couple of announcements (more on those in a minute). But Mizzou has its first NSD event scheduled to start at 1130 so they're expecting to have everything wrapped up pretty quickly.

*The two kids we're waiting on tomorrow are Caleb Sampson and Malik Young. We feel Missouri is the favorite for both players. Sampson visited K-State this weekend, but I'm hearing from sources that know what goes on in Manhattan that the Wildcats expect Sampson to sign with Missouri. He makes his announcement at 10 am at his high school. If it's Missouri (as we expect) we should be speaking with him shortly after that.

Young visited Arizona State, Arkansas and Florida. My guy in Gainesville told me the Gator staff expects Young to sign with Missouri. We don't really know what his plans are as far as a time or announcement, but as soon as we can confirm that his LOI is in or his decision has been made, we will have that news and do our best to reach him as well.

*Sampson and Young would bring the class to 24. I said last week I think they'll have 25 or 26 on NSD. I think there's going to be one or two "surprises" on Wednesday. Obviously some new offers have gone out at receiver and Missouri has been doing some work to try to replace Armstrong and Gardiner. Whether we can confirm anything before they sign or whether we get caught in a Charles Harris out of nowhere moment, I'm not sure. We'll do our best.

*It's also possible that Mizzou goes ahead and takes Shannon Forman as well. Six defensive tackles would be a lot, but they need a lot. As we said earlier this week, we believe Sampson and Young are ahead of him in the pecking order, but having lost a couple of guys this week, there is room for Forman if Missouri wants to go that far at DT. Based on his comments when we've talked to him, if the spot is there at Missouri, we'd be shocked if Forman didn't take it. If he goes somewhere else, that's an indication that Missouri didn't have room.

*That will still leave a couple of spots open. One of those spots will be known on Friday when Zion Debose announces. The latest information we have is that Missouri is probably the leader. But he hasn't said anything since his Virginia Tech visit last weekend, so we'll see if that holds up. I believe the other spot will probably stay open for the possibility of a transfer or grad transfer, which may not sort itself out until after spring football.

*If there's anything newsworthy during the day today, we'll be sure to pass it on. Otherwise, we'll cross our fingers and hope we're able to bring you uninterrupted and unrivaled coverage of National Signing Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News