ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY *****FIRST FIVE: POST-GAME THOUGHTS****

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Here are our first five thoughts after Mizzou’s 79-0 destruction of Delaware State

1. Calling this a glorified scrimmage is an insult to scrimmages. There is no question this was the worst team I’ve ever seen at Faurot. I don’t say that to pile on the DSU kids. I’m sure they tried hard. It’s a simple statement of fact.

2. I’m ready to put Damarea Crockett as Missouri’s starting running back. He had seven carries for 73 yards and two touchdowns in the first half. He ended with 12 for 115 and two scores. Ish Witter had nine carries for 40 yards. They were playing against the same defense. Crockett is better.

3. J’Mon Moore has 26 catches for 434 yards and six touchdowns. The yards and touchdowns would have led the team last year. The most catches on last year’s team was 26. So if he didn’t play another snap this season, he would have been Missouri’s best receiver in 2015. Also, the Tigers have six guys (Moore, Chris Black, Emanuel Hall, Ray Wingo, Johnathon Johnson, Dimetrios Mason) have 100-yard games this year. Last year, the top guy individual game was 79 yards.

4. The attendance was awful. And I get it. This was the worst team ever to play here maybe on a 90 degree day for a 1-2 team coming off a controversial season off the field. Not surprised at all. Officially they announced 53,798. I have a hard time believing that was accurate.

5. Thank God this is over. I don’t mean to be too snarky, but nothing was gained today. There are no more throwaways because on the right day, Middle Tennessee could make it a game here in a few weeks. So we have eight games left and eight games that could provide a modicum of entertainment. Missouri should never schedule a team this bad again. Ever.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News