ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Glaring difference between Coaching/Recruiting at Mizzou vs. Florida...

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
Mizzou struggles...and recruits bail out before Coach/Team even has a chance to try and turn things around.

Florida struggles and fires their HC in mid season and recruits say things like this:

1) "It's sad he was fired, but that doesn’t change anything for me. I’ll always be a Gator."

2) "Florida is still one of my top schools."

3) "Florida is still high on my list if they keep Coach [Brad] Davis."

4) "McElwain getting fired doesn't mean much. I will continue to keep the process going."

5) "The University of Florida is still the University of Florida."

6) "It’s a bad situation. I'll have to wait and see what happens to the rest of the coaching staff, but Florida is still high on my list."

7) "I think that it was the right move for them to move on as a program as I've hear many things from players. And to me I'm going for a school not the coaches. The only thing is if the new coach would be alright with me doing both football and track."

8) "I'm still 100% committed to the Gators."

9) "Nothing has changed. His decision is solid. One has nothing to do with the other. He is solid with his decision, regardless of what happens with the coaches." - Kelly Pitts, father of tight end commit Kyle Pitts.

Proof that recruiting ain't all about the Coach...many schools simply sell themselves.

STORY LINK from Florida Rivals site: https://florida.rivals.com/news/recruits-react-to-jim-mcelwain-s-dismissal-at-florida-1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News