ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Good quotes from Maty Mauk...

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
Good quotes from The Tiger QB from Dave Matter's article in the Trib:

On Morgan Steward:

“You look at him on the spring and he was limping around,” Mauk said. “I was like is he ever going to come back? Two days ago I look over on the sideline and Morgan’s going full-go through a speed ladder.

I hadn’t even seen him jog. I saw that and I said, ‘Are you ready to go, Morgan?’ He said, ‘Not yet, but I’m almost there.’

Just to see that smile back on his face and to know he’s almost there, I can’t wait to get him back out there.”

On J'mon Moore:

First guy he mentioned when asked who’s impressed the most during off season workouts?

“J'Mon Moore...He kind of was a guy who wasn’t mature,” he said of Moore. “He wanted to joke around. Now, he’s out there and doesn’t really talk.

If he does, it’s, ‘Hey, Maty, they’re running (Cover) 2 here. If they go higher, do you want me to break it off?’ I was shocked. I was like, is this even J’Mon?

He’s doing little things right. For example, he was bringing the ball back to the quarterback. Don’t throw it back and make us go get it or make the center go get it. That’s what we do at Missouri. I think he’s bought in.

It’s exciting to see because, in my opinion, he’s a guy, like Dorial (DGB). Not that big, but he can get the ball in his hands, make plays and beat people deep.”

On Harold Brantley:

“He looks good, but he’s got a challenge in front of him,” quarterback Maty Mauk said. “He’s a guy I’d take over anybody to go out there and fight. You talk about a competitor. He’s a guy who has heart.

He’s going to give you everything he has at all times. He’s going to be back and he’s going to come back better than he was. You can just tell that’s who Harold Brantley is. He’s going to come out and not just show college football but the world what he can really do. He’s already fighting to be there.”

“When you’re projected to be this big part of our program, it’s hard for someone at our age to be like, boom, snap of a finger and it’s gone,” Mauk added. “You don’t get that back.

The thing he has to do is stay mentally tough and fight to get back. A lot worse could have happened. He’s just got to keep his faith where it is right now, pray about it and work every day to get back. He’ll be fine.”

LINK to full article: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_2f1ac6f1-e6ac-5296-918b-e60ca6512e5c.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News