ADVERTISEMENT

Hi everyone!

Kyle McAreavy

Redshirting
Staff
Sep 29, 2024
Welcome to MizzouToday, my name is Kyle McAreavy and I'll be your new senior editor for team coverage.

I'm excited to be part of such a great community that has built up around Mizzou sports and to get to bring you all the coverage you're looking for surrounding the school.
On that note, I'm always open to input about what type of stories you guys are looking for. I want to make sure I'm getting you all the content you want to read.

I grew up around Seattle, went to Oklahoma State and have worked at a couple of local papers since graduating, most recently at the Jefferson City News Tribune where I covered Mizzou football, basketball and other sports for the past three years. I've already had some great times covering the Tigers and I expect I'll have a lot more very quickly with the direction many of the school's programs are heading.

I know a lot of you came for Gabe and the change was unexpected. I couldn't have more respect for the work he has put in building this wonderful community and the coverage he has done of Missouri sports.
I look forward to continuing the great coverage you've come to expect here.

There's already a couple of my stories popping onto the site so you can all get a feel for my writing as we go through this transition and there's a lot more to come soon.

If you have any questions, let me know!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.