ADVERTISEMENT

Hood Report

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
With no chamber today @Spur06 asked me to make up some rumors for the board. Instead of making up stuff, I thought it'd be a good time to relay a few things I've been hearing.

This Lou To The Zou event against Memphis isn't just for football recruits. This is a recruiting event for prospective students, little league players and coaches, NIL partnerships, corporations and all things in-between. I think this has to be an annual event, but against a higher profile team who would help put butts in the seats.

Regarding our new baseball coach Kerrick Jackson. I moonlight as an umpire with Perfect Games. I've heard nothing but good things from coaches thus far. The consensus is it'll be more diversity on the diamond in Como in the coming years. If I'm not mistaken, all of his transfers are minorities. So there's that.

Regarding Ryan Wingo. I've reached out to my guy and he's telling me his dad ain't sending him to Mizzou. This same person told me Thompson and Burks were coming to Mizzou. Speaking of those 2, he also said Burks will be passing Thompson up on the depth chart, and it looks like he already has. He told me Thompson loves the college life and Burks is locked in and thinking about the league. Haven't heard anything regarding Mizzou getting back in the picture with Gray.

We may be getting another Roberts in the fold soon. I'm hearing Jamal Roberts twin brother may be walking on to the team. He's built like a mack truck and for the life of me I can't understand why he wasn't getting recruited. He's about 6'1 and 220lbs, but not quite as fast as Jamal. He's at least Tyler Hibbler in my opinion.

If I told you all that in the state of Florida, where there's 4 Power 5 schools, that combined they only have 3 of the top 20 in-state kids committed, would you believe it? I'm not a Drink apologist to the degree that I was with Odom, but I don't think missing on the top in-state is as dire as it seems. Biggest difference with 4 and 5 stars is the amount of years they'll have the opportunity to make an impact. Typically, they're coming in physically ready from day one, or they have an elite skill that separates them from the rest. We'll get players who may need a couple years of development and may only impact the team for 1 and a half years. There's more than one way to skin a cat in recruiting, and hopefully Drink can figure it out.

Wish I had more info to give, but it's dry as hell in these streets nowadays. Hope everyone reading this have a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you all at the PM tailgate. I won't be hard to find, short chubby mofo, who looks like he may have been athletic 25 years ago...MIZ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.