ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Until the D-League Becomes a Route for HS to the NBA?

anon_uzs727uk8wf4k

Hall of Famer
Oct 7, 2012
STL - Sometimes Columbia
With Mark Cuban's comments yesterday on how the NBA is being hurt by college basketball and with the product on the floor clearly being crap, I'm thinking there could be a push from the NBA to revamp the developmental league into a pipeline for college talent, just the same as the minors are in baseball.

The league has the money to do so, and I think it could help drive up attendance in D-League cities and improve the NBA product. The United States is the only major country with out structured developmental leagues for basketball and soccer (AAU basketball is horrible and a large part of the problem) and it's impact is showing as more and more European players invade the NBA and have immediate success.

In the end I think this alternative could be very good for college basketball, as the top 30 or so guys from each class would head on, and you could implement a system like college baseball has where the player must stay for 2-3 years. Also, we've seen no active push from anyone inside the system to better college basketball and the product just gets worse every year. Officiating is atrocious, the play is bad, and the fans are bored so maybe some real competition is just what the doctor ordered.

What are everyone's thoughts on a scenario like this?

This post was edited on 4/9 10:19 AM by TooBrokeKids

Cuban's Comments

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.