ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL I don't blame Kim Anderson

SEC EAST X 2

Letterman
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
And I don't blame Mike Alden either.

Kim took the job and he quadrupled his salary to take his dream job; who among wouldn't do that?

I don't believe Alden had a choice when hiring Kim; Alden didn't want Kim but was told to do it. I think this why Alden resigned as AD. I don't know who gave the order or why but I can't fathom Alden thinking Kim was the best choice for the job. No way.

The new coach needed to have experience in program turnarounds; needed to have some experience in recruiting D1 players; experience in coaching D1 players; and experience in assembling a coaching staff with these same background and experience.

The first two years with Kim have shown he has none of those skills or experiences. Let's start with the first recruiting class. When you don't know anything about D1 players you use rankings and not player evaluations, which is why you beg the lead recruiter to stay and keep the class together. In fairness to Kim it takes two or more years to recruit kids today; he wasn't recruiting D1 players so he had no one to bring with him and no knowledge of the D1 landscape. You also scramble and get whoever is left out there. It's not a huge surprise no one from that class worked out.
Compare that to Odom who got rid of the DL coach responsible for DLineZoo and also walked away from a couple Texas recruits.

The coaching, recruiting, and assistant coach selection has been talked about enough n

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.