ADVERTISEMENT

I don't normally do this...

MUValjean

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2011
Pensacola
But I am bringing something from the Lair over here because I think it is important and there are enough here that only skim the Lair, and for certain things at that.

In his 10 thoughts for the day, Gabe posted a link to an article in Bloomberg: Bloomberg: Scammers are targeting teenage boys on social media and driving some to suicide

Bloomberg: Scammers are targeting teenage boys on social media and driving some to suicide

If you have kids or grand kids, or if you are a High School or College age person now... PLEASE read this article. As I said in my response to the post, this is not something I grew up with as a kid. We did not have internet or cell phones or a way to reach people around the globe instantly at all hours of the day and night. This is the reality for kids today, and they are comfortable with it, and many don't expect the dangers that are out there. It is important that we let them know.

More so: It is important that we let them know it is OK to make a mistake, NOTHING is unredeemable. NOTHING is worth killing yourself over. And NOTHING will stop a mom or dad or grandparent from loving their children... even if it seems your life is ruined, it's a lie, and the sun will come up tomorrow if we allow it to. Ask for help, even if it is embarrassing.

Parenting in this day and age is harder than it used to be, and we can be frightened or angry with all the crap out there... but it is important that we talk with our kids about this stuff, and let them know that they can come to us... that we too made (make) mistakes... that we love them... and that we will be there for them even when they feel like the bottom has dropped out.

PAX

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News