ADVERTISEMENT

I think all the Romar comments below are funny

Link21

Letterman
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2003
Listen...I am reading these comments about Romar and everyone banging on the guy for mediocrity at Washington with elite talent...

Couple of things...

Look at the state of Missouri basketball. Are you really being so picky that you are thinking that we need to get a proven coach that can win in March right now? Dude....I would be an upgrade at this point on what we have (Yes...I coach a 3rd grade team that is 1-2 so far this year).

Assembling elite talent with reg D1 players at times can be difficult. Getting the players to rally around the elite and play their roles is not easy. Exceptions of course are Duke (sorry guys this Coach K), Carmelo when he was at Syracuse and Durant at TX...Point is, not always easy to get the elite talent to play perfect team basketball. They have to be a transcendent player unless they are at Duke.

I for one would be excited to get Romar if he brings elite recruiting. All you need is to get it right one year in March to get to a Final Four. And the teams will ALWAYS be competitive. It would be a good problem to have.

Thats my two cents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News