ADVERTISEMENT

I'll float a name for AD

firsttiger

Retired Number
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Kansas City, MO
I agree that you have to contact Whit Babcock, for sure. And personally, I really, really like Mark Alnutt. He would bring A LOT to the athletic director's office.
And I've always thought Jon Sundvold would be great, but he's taken his name out of consideration before, and unless something's changed, I don't think he wants the job.

But if we're talking about bringing someone back how about:

no not Mike Alden

but Joe Castiglione.

Joe always like it here and probably would have been quite happy to have stayed here his whole career. No need to rehash why he left (understandably) for Oklahoma, but I would a least make him tell me no.
He knows Mizzou inside and out, but now he could bring with him all the experience and knowledge he acquired at an institution that has won an NC in football and been to a Final Four in basketball, not to mention a WCWS title and College World Series appearances. Granted he has had resources we could only dream of, but the fact is that he has more insight into how it's done now than when he was Dan Devine's protege.

Why would he leave Oklahoma? I don't know that he would. I suspect he's handsomely paid (He was offered enough by OU pre-Alden to no be able to turn it down), and I don't know if we could or would make it financially appealing to come back. But I'd sure make some back channel inquiries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.