ADVERTISEMENT

I'm just mad. Really f'in mad

jsmitty2.0

Retired Number
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2005
1. That we groveled and begged to play these fools in basketball and never made it contingent on playing in football, too. Not that the football rivalry was ever that great, sans 2007, but it would at least be nice to point to a couple epic beatdowns in our favor on the gridiron in response to the prison rape we're about to receive.

2. That we let them out of playing the game last year. The one year out of the past decade that we actually would've had a good chance to win.

3. That Cuonzo seemingly places a higher priority on recruiting kids with good attitudes who are hard workers than he does on recruiting kids who, you know, are good at basketball.

4. That, other than his first year when he got Kassius and inherited Barnett, he's played a bunch of guys who aren't able to hit water if they fell out of a boat.

5. That ku and a shitload of other programs (hi there LSU) were cheating their asses off and they get no punishment whatsoever. Yet we're stuck with a coach who likes to be holier than thou and refuses to jump in with the sharks. How's that going for us?

But most of all, I'm just mad that I won't even be watching this game. A game I used to circle on the calendar the minute the schedule was released and a game that gave me some of my most memorable moments as a Mizzou fan. I can honestly say this is probably - by far - the worse and least talented team we've put on the floor for a ku game. At least in my lifetime. I have no desire to watch the ass beating that is sure to ensue. Some of you, apparently, are. So more power to you.

For those of you who are just sooo sooo happy this is back, I'll be sure to check in around 5pm to see how you feel. Genuinely curious to know if you all are ok with going through this on an annual basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News