ADVERTISEMENT

Jontay quote on Michael

MIZ_Kabeer

Redshirting
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2015
Thought this was interesting and something for us all to keep in mind when we see the recruits on social media.

“I think he teased coming back with a lot of people and kind of liked to play people’s emotions just because it meant more attention for him, whether that be on Instagram Live, talking about coming back or staying four years just to get Mizzou fans riled up,” Jontay says. “That’s fun and games and all, but at the root of it, it’s just trying to get more attention. I definitely learned from that, and hopefully, I don’t make the same mistakes. Just be straightforward and honest with everyone.”

Not trying to start a bash MPJ thread because despite playing as little as he did he completely has changed the trajectory of this program and I think that is something to keep in mind when thinking about whatever legacy he left behind. I also think this quote is important because I think it shows that these kids (Not just the Porters) aren't necessarily trying to get fans riled up as much as trying to make sure people don't forget about them. Which I'm sure in a way was really tough for MPJ to come to grips with, probably the first time in his life where he's been on a basketball team and wasn't the center of attention and the team was actually meeting the expectations that everyone had for it without MPJ.

Good article by CJ Moore over at The Athletic ($) Link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News