ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Humphrey 5* CB

3 days ago he tweeted the wolf of Wall Street “I ain’t leavin” video (now deleted). Strange. Would love him in como!

Reactions: gfuray
Would rather have him than the d end from purdue myself. Bigger need for us.
It would be unwise for any legit team to prioritize a high-level corner over a high-level defensive end - no matter how many defensive ends you already have. OL and DL are the difference between the contenders and pretenders, especially for SEC teams with playoff aspirations. It would be great to have both but give me the potential first round defensive end every day and twice on Sundays.

Last edited:
It would be unwise for any legit team to prioritize a high-level corner over a high-level defensive end - no matter how many defensive ends you already have. OL and DL are the difference between the contenders and pretenders, especially for SEC teams with playoff aspirations. It would be great to have both but give me the potential first round defensive end every day and twice on Sundays.
Absolutely agree. See Michigan

Reactions: Wdrkb
Would rather have him than the d end from purdue myself. Bigger need for us.
You’ll think that until our 5-star transfer corner from UGA is losing coverage because we have no pass rush to get to the QB.

We have to replace D-Rob and that is the DE from Purdue. Pride is like replacing KAD and this kid would be like replacing Rakestraw.

6 of one, half dozen of the other. Stud DL (pass rushers) allows you to play more zone and drop more guys into coverage. Lock down corners allow you to play more man and send pressure (and load the box to stop the run). I think people underestimate how hard it is to play corner at a high level.

Good news, this isn’t the NFL draft where you have to pick one or the other. Go get both.

You’ll think that until our 5-star transfer corner from UGA is losing coverage because we have no pass rush to get to the QB.

We have to replace D-Rob and that is the DE from Purdue. Pride is like replacing KAD and this kid would be like replacing Rakestraw.
There is the #1 recruit in the country most people seem to not be mentioning…

Baker has shown he can generate pressure in several ways. Walker Jr and the new edge guy from UGA will be pretty good. Obviously Purdue guy would be the cherry on top of this portal class and WN is also coming in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT