ADVERTISEMENT

Keep In Mind

MW74

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
After reading the Chamber even though we might miss on a few guys in the coming weeks, there is a long way to go until December. There will be plenty of opportunity to "Wingo" players committed to other schools with a best and final offer a week before signing day as well as being "Wingoed" by other schools for top recruits. In this day and age with NIL until the contract is signed nothing is for certain.

If we have the season that most feel that we will, NIL cash flow will be at an all time high to raise the anty on recruits who are committed elsewhere. If you equate the current college system to the NFL, that the kids are announcing their intentinion is to sign with the school that they commit to. Behind the scenes I am sure the families and those around them who stand to benefit from a financial package upgrades will continue to negotiate.

As coaches and roster managers this must be a nightmare, as crazy people that follow this daily it is fascinating. I have no knowledge of the situation but i would assume the over / under on commits being flipped to Mizzou and players flipping from Mizzou would be at least 6 players between now and signing day. Buckle up as this is going to get wild as some teams have success and other teams struggle. The cost of players will never be as cheap as it is today in this environment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News