ADVERTISEMENT

Looking Ahead to 24

Will_L

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2003
Since I was totally wrong about congress, what’s going to happen in 2 years. I think this has to make Biden much more likely to run, if they can keep him from speaking and the puppet wires attached. But it will give many liberals pause in challenging Biden. I do think Gavin Newsome certainly will try if there is not for some crazy reason an increase in Biden’s approval. A bitter liberal fight in primaries of an incumbent’s party is great for the opposition.

On GOP side I think any reasonable take is that DeSantis was elevated markedly last night. I think the poor showing of some Trump chosen candidates confirms what big donors have decided. Trump is not likely to be successful in a national election. There is still the problem of how do you dump the most egomaniacal candidate of an occupation composed of egomaniacs without losing needed voters. Perhaps health decline or an unlikely successful prosecution would do it.

The day before the election Trump tried to blackmail DeSantis into not running claiming he would tell things nobody knew about DeSantis. Ohio’s governor Dewine and Kemp both won big and are different candidates and both did not kiss Trump’s ring. I think DeSantis will have to declare earlier than he wants to. You know Pompeo and Haley and perhaps Tim Scott will want to run. If it’s a large field with finances to hang around Trump will get a plurality of delegates. If it is a two man race I doubt Trump gets 40%.

Abortion was on the ballot and the democracy on the ballot silliness also likely had a smaller effect in the anti trump crowd. A candidate nationally can be pro life and say leave it to the states and object to late term abortions and have the usual rape, incest, health of mother. Once they start talking about drawing lines at the federal level as most of Europe does, I think they will lose.

Anyway after brilliant prediction of yesterdays red wave, I think it will be DeSantis/Haley or DeSantis/T Scott vs Newsome/a black woman not Kamala

Reactions: RockemTigers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News