ADVERTISEMENT

Minutes

motorboateng

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2023
We played 13 guys last night. Majak and Brown played their minutes in the first half. Butler is the only one that played in mop up time, so it’s not like we put scrubs out there the last few minutes. I know it’s only game two, but Gates has said his plan is to play a lot of different guys. To me, the shooting percentage problems shouldn’t be a surprise…especially early in the year. It’s hard to get in an offensive flow with constant substitutions, different rotations, and a change in offensive chemistry every time you turn around. If you’re trying to go with the “hot hand”, Carralero is a great passer and can be an asset, but he was 0/5 from the field last night in 14 mins. Grill was 2/11 in 29 mins. For some reason, Bates only played 14 mins and only got 3 shots as maybe one of your best 2 or 3 offensive players. Gates has said each game is going to be different players playing different amounts of minutes based on the opponent. Given that, I don’t think the offensive struggles are unusual, especially this early in the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News